Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I bet you didn't know...

1. It is impossible to lick your elbow

2. Rats and horses can't vomit

3. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky

4. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why

5. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched"

6. The symbol on the "pound" key (#) is called an octothorpe

7. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear

8. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain

9. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur

10. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.



I actually already knew a lot of these... the random things you learn at school...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Kim!!! Thanks so much for stopping over at my blog! To answer your question, yes, I did get my license - which is great ... although I haven't driven ALL by myself yet and I've had it for like 5 months or something. I'm so pleased to hear you're still collecting pop tabs - that makes me really happy! I wish you luck with the contest also! I think you have a head start that will be really advantageous for you also, so that is good. Talk with you later!